This time I’m going to present you a fabulous product that I’ve discovered just recently and that I didn’t know about until it was proposed to me to try it. And I’m so happy I had the opportunity to try this wonder! I’m talking about Waxelene which is a natural substitute for petroleum jelly. With its only 4 ingredients this product is a must-have for everyone, because it offers infinite ways to use it. It’s like the good old baking soda that is a multi purpose product 🙂 The difference with Waxelene is that acts like petroleum jelly but it’s based just on natural ingredients, so it does not clog the pores like petroleum products, because it’s naturally derived. ***
The ingredients: Organic soy oil, Beeswax, Natural vitamin E oil, Organic rosemary oil.
Yes, this is the list with ingredients! What I’m mostly amazed about this simple but powerful product is its texture and the smell. The texture is greasy and thick but not heavy and it absorbs quickly without leaving a too heavy layer on the skin. It does leave a “protective barrier” on the skin but without that ultra heavy feeling. And it is creamy and very easy to blend. I especially like its smell; pure honey! If you have ever smelled the honeycomb, you know what I’m talking about 🙂
Waxelene comes in a small tube (26g) like this mine is, or in glass jars of 57g (2 oz.) and 257g (9 oz). The small tube is great for traveling and having it always with you.
One of the best things about Waxelene is that it creates a waterproof barrier on the skin and so you can use it for many purposes. Here are some practical examples I found on their website:
– Put Waxelene on base of nails to prevent nail polish from getting on skin or
– For dying hair, apply Waxelene to skin around hairline and ears to prevent staining
Ain’t this great? One product that resolves so many situations! Be creative and you will discover endless uses of this product.
I’ll give you some examples of how I use Waxelene for beauty purposes:
– I wanted to try it for my often runny nose; it is great because it relieves the red nose and soothes the inflammed skin around it.
– It makes same wonders on lips, especially in cold weather and wind
– I love it for fixing the eyebrows and soften dry skin around them
– Good for dry areas of skin on face and body as well (like dry skin on elbows)
– Rub well a small amount on your fingers and then go through you hair to prevent static electricity in them
– I love to put a touch on the brow bone and on top of the cheeks to achieve the fresh & dewy make-up look
– it is said that is a great make-up remover too, but I haven’t tried it yet 🙂 Another idea to try it in case I don’t have at hand my make-up remover.
– I have used it also on a very dry flaky skin as a make-up base and it was a great problem solver. I’ve achieved a natural result and the skin was looking normal and healthy, not dry at all! It’s especially good for those who find mineral make-up drying or if your skin is very dry/flakey.
I will look forward to keep a jar of this product always at hand because it solves some situations really well and it’s a great substitute to petroleum jelly.
Here is the link on their website: waxelene.com where you can read many interesting things about this product, its uses from different people, about the company and the ingredients.
However, the uses of this product are endless and you should really try it and discover your owns!
Feel free to share with me your uses of Waxelene and if you use/know this product.
NOTE I love this product as a quick problem solver especially on very dry skin. But in general I recommend using this product just every now and then, in special conditions or like in my case when you have no time (like on photo sessions). The reason is because some people have issues with clogging pores. Although this is not the case for everyone; some people are prone to this issue, some are not. In every case, I still prefer to use oils, creams and lotions for everyday face & body care because our skin needs lots of hydration too.