This summer I was inspired to create a natural makeup look in monochromatic shades. Because of the model’s perfect face features and impeccable skin, I decided not to overload the face with colors, but to keep the entire look very natural and at the same time sophisticated and radiant. Some months later, when I was checking the fashion shows, I realized that many designers have chosen this kind of look on runways. So, I decided to share with you how you can create this look for yourself, but with green products. This make-up it’s perfect for the day/office. If you want, you can upgrade it quickly into an evening look by adding eyeliner on the eyes. The main point about this look is to choose the shades for lips, cheeks, eyes (and if you want even for nails) in matching tones. For my model I have chosen warm peachy shades, cause they are the ones that suit her very well. For yourself, you can also choose other shades like sheer berry, rosy, or brown tones for example. Avoid to use just matte textures, otherwise you will end up looking washed out and too pale. Instead, search for products that have a slight shimmer in their textures.
Step by step look
1. After having cleansed and massaged the model’s face, I started with the make-up. I didn’t need to do very much regarding the base, cause her skin was perfect. I have applied just some un-cover up foundation by RMS beauty where needed.
2. With a small foundation brush ( I worked with my at-that-time new set of Natrafil brushes) I have applied a slight layer of Alima Pure finishing powder on the T-zone and under the eyes.
3. I have sculpted the face with the Everyday minerals soft bronzer. This is a light bronzer for fair skin. I wanted a natural looking contour.
4. On the top of the cheekbones I’ve applied the Inika highlighter to catch some light. It was an excellent choice for the photos, because we worked with natural light.
5. Even though it’s a blush, I’ve chosen it for its amazing color and applied it as an eyeshadow over the entire eye lid. Alima’s Satin Matte Mineral Blush in the Carnation shade worked great for this look; a matte medium peachy shade.
6. After having applied the eyeshadow into the crease of the eye, I’ve lined the upper eye lid with the Lily Lolo brown pencil and softened the line with a smudging brush for a natural look.
7. Then I’ve curled the lashes and applied the Lavera double black mascara.
8. The eyebrows were full in shape, so I just filled the gaps, where needed, to define them.
9. For the lips I decided to use first the Lavera lipstick in peach amber and then I’ve mixed it with the lip gloss 100%pure in Pink grapefruit shade to get the creamy soft effect on the lips.
Green makeup tip If you want, you can conclude the look with a non-toxic nail polish in similar shades. Zoya Sunny, a bright metallic coppery-orange with brown undertones and fine red and golden frosty shimmer, will be a nice choice.
Hope you enjoy this look and have many new color inspirations for your own look, too! I will be glad if you will share your ideas with me 🙂
Credits: Photo: Boris Gorjan, Model: Camila@Next Paris, Makeup: Dasha Grozdanic