No more chapped lips this winter!
Chapped lips can be a problem, especially in cold winter days. The lips become dry and cracked, because of the absence of natural moisture from the lips. The main cause is cold weather, wind, dehydration and being in a cold and dry environment.
Lips have a natural oily film that protects them from dehydration. This is why they need extra protection and nurturing during the cold winter days. Especially, if you want to wear a red or dark lipstick, remember to take care of your lips first. Dry and chapped lips with a colored lipstick look awful and unattractive . Remember, when we talk, our lips catch the attention, so it is important to take care and keep them moisturized. If you apply make-up on them, do it precisely, with choosing the right shade.
Tips for soft & smooth lips
– avoid licking your lips; saliva contains digestive enzymes that damage and dry the lips
– drink enough water so you provide hydration from inside out
– cure your lips with organic home-made treatments or with a certified organic lip balm; the best home-made treatments are honey, coconut virgin oil, jojoba oil, butter or shea butter
– remove dry skin and dead cells from lips with a natural sugar scrub or after you finish to brush your teeth, brush also your lips with a clean toothbrush. This will help you to achieve smooth lips.
– if your environment is dry, use a humidifier, or just put a pot with water on the radiator
– if your problem with chapped lips is very hard, avoid extreme weather condition if possible
– bring with you everywhere your organic lip balm. A usual synthetic lip balm based on liquid paraffin is not the solution. In fact, have you noticed that your lips are not so protected when you use it? If the lips are really protected, you should use less and less lip balms. Your lips have the thinnest skin on the body – 5 times thinner than on other parts of your body. This is why lips need extra care.
Review of my favourite natural lip balms
Here are my current top 3 organic lip balms: Of course, the ingredients in all of them are the purest, with no harmful chemicals, totally safe! And above all, they are all eco-friendly and vegan.
DR. BRONNER’S LIP BALM
I really like Dr. Bronner’s lip balms! They are so simple and natural, but at the same time high protective, even for extreme weather conditions. They are made with organic beeswax, organic jojoba, avocado and hemp oils that provide moisturized and protected lips. They come in 4 different flavors: Orange Ginger, Peppermint, Lemon Lime and Naked(no scent). Only the finest organic essential oils are used for fragrance. All Dr. Bronner’s products are certified under the USDA National Organic Program and no animal testing, certified by CCIC.
AKAMUTI LIP BALM
Packed in a small and handy 15ml pot, Akamuti lip balms come in 2 different flavors: Organic honey&chamomile and Ruby fruits. They contain carefully selected organic ingredients to maintain your beautiful lips soft and attractive. Organic honey&chamomile lip balm: Honey is a great healing and antibacterial treatment contained in this balm. Organic chamomile essential oil provides a calming and soothing effect for your lips. Enriched with sweet almond oil, organic extra virgin olive oil, organic beeswax and organic cocoa butter, this balm is an essential friend of your lips in cold winter days. Ruby fruits butter: Organically grown cocoa butter added to beeswax, red palm oil, sweet almond and organic olives nourish and protect your dry and chapped lips, while essential oils of myrrh, mandarin and sweet orange provide a nice scent.
EVERYDAY MINERALS LIP BALM
High tea traders, Flower attack and Pillow mints are the names of new organic Everyday minerals lip balms. Their natural essential oils and organic butter provide protection and a nice smell for your lips. Their texture is smooth and hydrating. I really like their new art graphics that make the balms so unique! High tea traders lip balm base is organic shea butter, enriched with the divine scent of chamomile and lemon essential oils. Fresh and soothing at the same time! Flower attack is a mix of exotic ingredients made from shea butter, grapefruit extract, green tea, rosehip seed oil, calendula flower extract and rose flower oil. An amazing rose scent and great healer for your chapped lips.Pillow mints take care of your lips with cocoa butter, jojoba oil, evening primrose oil, pumpkin seed oil, arnica flower extract and lavender. Mint and lavender are a unique combination of scents.