image via Pinterest
image via Pinterest
Every time I got a comment from a blogger I try to check their blogs. Recently one of them caught my attention with an article called 7 deadly sins of beauty. I have commented it and Laaura (the blogger of this post) suggested me to do this same post. I find it a nice idea and here I am confessing my sins 😀 LOL! I’m going to talk here for me personally and not as a MUA.
And btw, many years ago, I did an exhibition called 7 deadly sins where with the photographer and I have interpreted through fashion and words the 7 deadly sins… The top picture is a small detail from that exhibition and it’s the interpretation of envy.
And here is the link to Laaura’s post where I have borrowed the idea:
Greed: What’s your most expensive beauty item? Uhhh, I don’t know exactly, perhaps perfumes. Once I also collected them…
Wrath: What item do you have a strong love/hate relationship with? Hmm, this is a tough one. Ok, the only thing that comes out now is that I’d be much happier to see more sophisticated new textures and products with better (green) ingredients so that we’d be all more confident to buy a new “green” foundation that works.
Gluttony: What brand takes up most of your collection? I’d say there are equal parts of some brands and these are: Vapour and Jane Iredale.
Sloth: What product do you ignore the most due to laziness? Gel/liquid eyeliner; it has to be an important thing to put it on myself. So yes, I confess, this is also due to my laziness when it comes to me. Most of the times I’m more concerned for other’s beauty than for mine.
Pride: Which product gives you the most confidence? Just one?! I’m pondering among foundation and mascara…But a flawless skin is always the first, so foundation!
Lust: What item is at the top of your list? Hahaha, items do you mean? Ok, Kjaer Weis I’d say.
Envy: Which makeup product/look looks great on others but not on you? Smokey eye with dark black round and round; that messy looking rock’n’roll chick effect like this:
My sins are now revealed. If you have any (of course you do, everyone does! 🙂 ) feel free to confess them, write this same post and let me know. I’m so curious to hear your sins too 🙂
Among so much things to do, new posts preparing for my blog, moving house and catching a flu (I’m not complaining!) I have received 2 lovely nominations for my blog. And so the choice about my next post was easily made 🙂 It seems that we have to wait for spring (which I hope it’s not so far away) for green beauty novelties 🙂 The girls really made my day and I really appreciate when I got this kind of support.
Kath from Natural Kath blog has nominated me for this award, so Thank you Kath! Here are the rules that I will try to follow:
1. The Nominee of the Wonderful Team member Readership Award shall display the logo on his/her post/page and/or sidebar (DONE BOTH)
2. The Nominee shall nominate 14 readers they appreciate over a period of 7 days (1 week) – this can be done at any rate during the week. It can be ALL on one day or a few on one day and a few on another day, etc. (DONE BELOW)
3. The Nominee shall name his or her Wonderful Team Member Readership Award nominees on a post or on posts during the 7 day (1 week) period. (DOING IT, WORK IN PROGRESS 🙂 )
5. The Nominee must finish this sentence and post: ”A Great reader is…”
For me a great reader is someone who reads thoroughly your post (it doesn’t necessarily have to be a follower), which means he was interested in the topic and who comments with his/her own words the post. The best is, if he also gives feedback about his ideas/wishes regarding a topic so that the blogger can considerate and evolve them in his further articles. This way both are growing and contributing to the community.
I nominee Malin from Bilbo blue eyes, Lynn from Lovely cosme blog, Jeanine from Stylishly organic, Sheila from If a goddes wore makeup (new blog coming soon!), Stephanie from She’s so eco, Alessandra from Bambi organics (Bacioni in Italia! dove vivo adesso anch’io), Liv from Pura Liv , Audreiana from True beauty by nature , Dapperdolly from Fashion that pays and Raquell Torrents, Nina G, Mara, Josie and Sheen who are also great readers although they don’t have any blog themselves. Thank you all for being great readers and for commenting my blog!
For those who come and read and don’t comment but just pass by to get some ideas/inspirations, I invite to show themselves visible, so that I can nominate them as well next time 😉
1. Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog. (DONE ABOVE)
2. Display the award on your post. (ALSO DONE)
3. List the award rules so your nominees will know what to do. (DONE)
4. State 7 things about yourself. (SEE BELOW)
5. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award. (I nominate the same that I have nominated in the award above plus adding Kath from Natural Kath)
6. Contact your nominees to let them know you have nominated them. Provide a link to your post. (DONE)
7. Proudly display the award logo (or buttons) on your blog, whether on your side bar, ABOUT page, or a special page for awards. (DONE)
7 things about myself, (love the number 7) 🙂
1. I’m the kind of person who needs deeper answers to questions of all sorts going on in my head, even those that we don’t see just with our eyes. And till I’m not satisfied I keep on searching. I’m not a kind of woo woo woo person with the head in the clouds, but I know that we are not just a mere piece of flesh! I’m also fully aware that we are all very different and I appreciate each one’s choices.
2. I love beauty in all its forms (not just makeup related things, although these are my source of joy from an early age. btw. Today I have found by chance this picture on internet while searching some inspiration in a totally another direction. It’s a Barbie toiletry bag that I used to play with when I was little (80’s style) 😀
3. Hmm, what else…I love reading all sorts of books and magazines (fashion, beauty, art, cooking, esoteric,…), it just has to be creative and interesting enough to fulfill my endless need for new knowledge!
4. Ok, I adore eating very good and cooking too! From discovering novelties from different cultures (adore sushi), cooking and creating on my own (expert in pasta & soups), to enjoy from time to time a special design plate (as I call it) – but with natural ingredients! (No molecular cuisine please!). I think that in the kitchen creativity and good mood are the most important part of health! Uhh and all those colors are so inspiring!!!
5. It’s a magnetic attraction when I see beautiful designed clothes, bags, shoes, makeup pieces, bottles, you name it! I’m not a fashion junkie at all, but I really like when things are designed from its own spirit and imagination, curated and well manufactured. These are some of my favorite designers that I adore endlessly; Haider Ackermann, Dries van Noten, Ann Demeulemeester
This quote says a lot about this:
He who works with his hands is a laborer.
He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman.
He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist.
6. I love all sorts of art exhibitions
7. Lastly, I like when I lift the mood of someone who needs it, because I’m very sensitive to people’s feelings and this makes me very happy. As a great tool that helped myself as well, I have discovered and studied in the past Bach flower essences because they have helped me personally a lot on my way. And why not, share it from my fountain of knowing with others as well…
Although I’ve been a little bit away from my blog recently, I haven’t forgot about you my dear readers and about the now traditional Christmas giveaway!
Ecco-verde one of my favorite online shops with natural cosmetics and together we have prepared for you a cute selection of products that will indulge your upcoming holiday time in different, pleasant scents.
I’ve chosen for you products from the Swiss company brand Farfalla, that has been committed to natural aromatherapy products for 25 years. They have different aromatherapeutic products to choose from and since I find perfumes and scents quite a personal choice, I’ve decided to choose for you a mix of different products so that you can try and explore the difference among natural and synthetic fragrances.
When fragrances are from natural origin they don’t provide us just a pleasant scent, but they have also highly beneficial properties for our emotional wellbeing.
All Farfalla products are inspected by independent bodies for the control of organic products like: Demeter (bio-dynamic), Controlled Organic Cultivation, BDIH and Natrue (level 2 and 3).. But Farfalla is also screened by the firm Bio-Inspecta who regulates the quantities of organic products traded.
Farfalla Aroma Spray Joy of Life
This spray is made entirely with natural ingredients and scented with natural essential oils. This composition is designed to bring joy and vitality. It is a delicate and light mix of flowery and fruity fragrances. You can spritz it around yourself, in the rooms to uplift your mood and refresh the living spaces.
Composition: fruity, slightly flowery with Love in the Mist, rose geranium, bergamot, clary sage. A gentle, joyous scent, creating a chearful mood. For when ones mood needs a gentle boost.
Farfalla Natural Fragrance Miniature-Set Women
This is a lovely set of 4 different natural perfumes from Farfalla. You will receive a 2ml sample of each fragrance that will perhaps help you to choose your new favorite fragrance. They are meant to use like samples, but you can bring them with you in your bag too, because these small bottles have sprays on. Anima, Nuvola, Marala and Swan are included in this set.
Farfalla Faircense Incense Sticks Rose Geranium
I was attracted by these 10 indian incense sticks made of delicate Rose Geranium that will gently scent your home. I like just natural incences because they don’t contain harsh synthetic ingredients that many of us are sensitive to. Its gentle aroma will bring peace and harmony to your spirit. All Faircense fair trade incense sticks are free of artificial fragrances, musk compounds and harmful fibrous burn materials. The paper used is handcrafted on site in India. (Fair Trade)
Follow these simple steps and you can receive those beautiful products that I’ve reviewed for you. You just have to:
1. Comment below: Drop a few thoughts about these products/natural scents for home (if you use them, like them,..)
2. Give a like to Ecco-verde on Facebook. Here is the link.
3. Follow my blog (if you are a new follower)
4. Give a like to Green make-up on Facebook and Twitter (if you haven’t done yet) – see right sidebar for links
Thank you! The giveaway is open internationally and finishes on Thursday, December 26th, 2013, at 24:00 CEST. I will announce the random chosen winner the day after on my blog, Facebook page and Twitter!
This giveaway is sponsored by one of my favorite green shops Ecco-verde. (Note that you can order from all European countries!)
Today I have an unexpected and joyous post to share with you. My blog is again richer for one award : It was nominated for the lovely Liebster award by The one and a half blog who is a nice blog about all things beauty. So, Thank you very much for the nomination! But most of all I’m very happy and grateful when my work is contributing to other people wellbeing and inspires them to create new changes. I’m doing my best to share with you my vision, inspirations and things that fulfill me (and hope even you).
Since I got this award from a beauty blogger, I want to take this opportunity to let you know some of my thoughts. First, that I’m not any kind of ultra strict “green eco fashion junkie” as it might look 🙂 I’m especially happy when I see bloggers/readers who use conventional cosmetics and who become inspired also by some natural things because they gain new knowledge, experience. Yes, on myself I use everything natural because this is my personal choice & philosophy and I tend to include it in my work too. But let me be clear: I don’t blame or exclude women who use conventional cosmetics. Once, I was there too. And as a makeup artist I still need to use some non-natural products. So my main message is that everyone is welcome here on my Green make-up blog and that this is not a place because green is trendy or anything similar. I was never a blind follower in any field just because of a trend. I feel my work as a creative force towards beauty and wellbeing for everyone (myself included), which is in my opinion also the life giving force (and not separating or blaming). I like make-up, beauty and fashion because they are “tools” that allow me to express, create and make people feel good.
Back to the lovely award 🙂 Here are the rules of Liebster award:
– You must link back the person who nominated you. (done, in first lines)
– You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you. (see my answers below)
– You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award with under 200 followers. (done below too)
– You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer. (done, the last thing below)
– You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees. (done)
My answers to the questions that I received
1. What are your favorite summer beauty products? All sorts of lotions&potions&creams that nourish the skin, liquid bronzer is a must have, tinted lip balms, nail polishes, body mists. Basically, all cream products and light shades of as-natural-as-possible makeup.
2. Facebook or Twitter? Twitter
3. What’s your biggest beauty concern? When pimples and spots come in the most inappropriate time 😀 Even though I cover them, I still don’t like them much. But now I’m lesser concerned about this issue like I was in the past, because I know that nothing comes without reason and that everything on our faces and bodies shows us what’s going on inside of us, it has a cause. These things make us understand better ourselves. So, I accept myself with pimples too 😀
4. What do you do to get rid of stress? Bach flower essences. Btw. I’m also a Bach practitioner, because I like so much this concept and so it’s not a chance that part of my “life purpose” includes also caring for people’s wellbeing. But that’s another story 🙂
5. Do you have a “guilty little pleasure” (which one)? Cannot let go coffee, even though I drink just 2 per day.
6. The person (either close to you or celebrity/famous) that inspires me the most is… Dr. Edward Bach (does not live anymore but it’s almost my guide and extremely important for me. He has left an incredible knowledge to humanity)
7. My beauty motto is… When your heart is open, you will also look beautiful! So follow your intuition, be unique, be yourself, follow YOUR bliss! Regarding outside beauty: Less is more – keep your natural beauty fresh and alive by choosing the right products and colors.
8. Shoes or clothes addiction? Shoes!
9. One (or two) pieces from your wardrobe you can’t live without is..? The first thing that came in mind is jeans (at the end they always look great)
10. Which is your favorite perfume? Right now Florascent Umami for winter and Melvita The vert for summer.
Blogs that I nominate are:
My questions for the nominees:
1. Fashion/clothes or cosmetics ?
2. Your favorite beauty product for skin?
3. What kind of base/foundation(cream, powder, liquid, tinted moisturizer,…) do you use and which brand?
4. Your favorite lip product and why?
5. What is your beauty signature?
6. Part of your face you find the most interesting?
7. Do you have a favorite make-up color – the one that inspires you the most?
8. For you beauty is…
9. What type of sensory personality are you the most (see, hear, touch, taste, and smell)?
10. Must-have products in your make-up bag…
That’s my part, now I’m really curious to know your part too (= answers) 😀
Have a nice weekend everyone!
A shower of flowers to every woman!
Embrace your beauty,
remember your uniqueness
and no matter where you are in life:
give yourself Love and Com-passion!
You deserve it!
image via nature&culture
I have received again a lovely surprise for my blog: I was nominated to Super sweet blogging award by Beauty Whizz . She writes fantastic DIY green beauty recipes and lots of other interesting topics on this subject. Thank you so much for the nomination! I find this award a total fun, a little bit different!
This award requires the following:
I give credit to person who nominated me. (Done)
I answer the following super sweet questions
Cookies or cake?
I always prefer a lovely cake, although even cookies can be great. In winter: a cup of tea and delicious cookies with nuts, spices, or ginger/lemon combination, yumm! Even though I’m not obsessed with sweets, I love to eat a delicious cake from time to time or to try a new version. I’m attracted by unusual and new cakes. Ultimately I like to try organic raw cakes, too. But my favorite is still the fresh taste of strawberry cake with a light vanilla cream inside. On the top (right) is the picture of my birthday cake that my mom does for me almost every year with her own organic ingredients (eggs, strawberries, almonds,…) plus a picture of a lovely classic strawberry cake (left). I don’t like artificially made cakes (neither in taste nor in decoration).
Chocolate or vanilla?
Both are great! Vanilla in original form: dried fruits of course, not its artificial aroma!, chocolate: never milk based, but dark chocolate.
What is my favourite sweet treat?
Oh, hard to say. Sometimes I like a very normal but well done simple yogurt cake or a nice chocolate muffin with cinnamon for instance.
When do I crave sweet things the most?
I rarely crave for sweets. But I love eating a nice cake in late afternoon with a cup of tea or coffee, but not everyday.
If you had a sweet nickname what would it be?
Hahaha, this is funny! It popped in my mind: Zuccherina – from Italian: zucchero means sugar and zuccherina is a derivative of this noun with a female diminutive. They used to call me this way when I was in high school 😀
The last part of this award is that I nominate 13 super sweet bloggers. Here they are:
You can have your cake and eat it too (food blog from my country, even ENG version)
Lovely cosme blog
True beauty by nature
Free to be natural
Wish a super sweet weekend to all of you!
photo credits: left foto via Pinterest, right photo: my bithday cake 🙂
A friend of mine asked me for some beauty advices for young moms and so she has inspired me to write this post that I dedicate to all mothers, especially those with small children and no time. After the maternity leave many young mothers realize that they haven’t taken care of themselves and then they don’t know where to start.
I completely understand that the newborn baby is your world, but don’t forget about yourself. If you won’t take care of yourself (not just outside but also inside) you also won’t have enough energy to share with your beloved.
I want to give some quick beauty tips to all young mothers, so that they won’t fall in the trap and forget about themselves. Don’t get me wrong: I know how it feels to care for yourself and have zero time. But with some good advices and some organization it can be done! Overall, it’s very important to celebrate every aspect of your beauty and consequently feel good about yourself. This way you will be at ease and full of energy not just by yourself but even your closest people will feel it. Take just a couple of minutes every day for yourself and spend them preciously. That time is yours and is sacred: it is meant to fill your batteries. Once a week take a few hours just for yourself and relax. I recommend to visit a good (organic if possible) salon and do some facial treatments, give your body a massage, do some relaxing exercise, chat with a friend or anything that you love and makes you feel good. You also must know how to receive good if you want to give it, too. Otherwise, you will end with low batteries and no energy.
So apart the regular “beauty basics”, here are a few tips how to look gorgeous every day with just a few products. I know that a mother is always gorgeous, but if she celebrates her beauty and herself she is even more seductive to the entire world!
Take at least just a few minutes every evening and morning for the basic beauty routine. Your skin will thank you! This way you also stimulate your feelings and wellbeing.
Do a massage on your face while applying the cleanser or cream. The warmth of your hands through massage will help you release negative emotions, balance hormones, feel better and the skin will be radiant and naturally lifted.
1. A good cleanser that can be rinsed with water is a must-have. It will do a great job: it will clean impurities and refresh your face every morning and evening. Here are some Green makeup suggestions
2. The next step is the toner. For those who has no time the best solution is a refreshing toner in a spray bottle. You can even take it with you and use it during the day to uplift and refresh yourself. I recommend a good organic hydrolat depending on your skin type. Choose light essences like chamomile, rose or lavender. They are calming even for sensitive skin and for your senses as well. You can also spritz it on your body instead of harsh chemical perfumes. Since there are many hormonal disruptors in conventional perfumes, you don’t want to harm yourself and your baby. Keep yourself as natural as possible and instead of the perfume use natural hydrolats.
3. Instead of a normal moisturizer, choose a rich serum according to your skin type. They have more beneficial properties to feed your skin during hard times and hormonal imbalances, than moisturizers. They should be among basics especially for revitalizing the skin and give it a boost of vitamins and other beneficial ingredients.
Face masks once a week choose 1 or more masks to clean impurities or hydrate your skin. Use clay for impure skin and rich nutrients like honey for hydrating.
Body oils/lotions for preventing or diminishing stretch marks. Good organic massage oils will nurture your skin, make it soft and relax you before you go to sleep. With a nice massage you will stimulate the blood and lymph circulation and relax your muscles.
top photo credit: fashion gone rogue by Alexi Lubomirski for Vogue
My series of cold-pressed oils articles has been put aside for a while. Before continuing with this series, I want to explain what is in general the difference between cold-pressed and conventional oils. This is not important just in cosmetic use, because what we apply on the skin goes also in our blood system. What we eat It has also has a huge impact on our health.
Oils used in conventional cosmetics (and even cheap oils in the food industry) are not cold-pressed. They are produced by using heat in the extraction process and other chemical substances, which change the nature of the oil molecule from a normal trans fatty acid to an abnormal configuration that is literally poisonous for our body. This kind of extraction is very convenient for the industry, because you produce higher quantities (and it’s cheaper than the cold-pressed extraction), but the nutritional quality and the oil’s flavor are totally degraded.
In contrary, vegetable organic cold-pressed oils are extracted by squeezing the seeds in a big press. The oil produced by this method has no trace of chemicals and trans fatty acids.
The Cold-Press Process
Extracting oil through cold-pressing involves crushing the seed or nut and forcing out the oil. Presses come in a range of sizes, from small sizes for home use to huge commercial presses. The seeds are dropped inside a cylinder that contains a rotating screw. This screw grinds and crushes the seeds until the oil is extracted. Small holes in the bottom of the cylinder allow the oil to escape into a collection container. Although some heat is generated through friction as the screw breaks down the seeds, it’s usually not enough heat to damage the oil.
Regarding the quality of oils, their use and differences, I especially got knowledge through Dr. Johanna Budwig’s work.
“Her research has shown the tremendous effects that commercially processed fats and oils have in destroying cell membranes and lowering the voltage in the cells of our bodies, which then result in chronic and terminal disease.”
I have read her books and recommend them to you, but to illustrate you quickly about what I’m talking about in short I found this website where her work is explained. I didn’t immerse so much in her diet science but I was more interested in the scientific explanation and researches about the differences between good and bad fats and the importance of using the best oils for our health. Here is a short excerpt from the mentioned article about Dr.Budwig’s science:
“Without the proper metabolism of fats in our bodies every vital function and every organ is affected. This includes the generation of new life and new cells. Our bodies produce over 500 million new cells daily. Dr Budwig points out that in growing new cells, there is a dipolarity between the electrically positive nucleus and the electrically negative cell membrane with it’s high unsaturated fatty acids. During cell division the cell and new daughter cell must contain enough electron rich fatty acids in the cells surface area to divide off completely from the old cell. When this process is interrupted the body begins to die. In essence, these commercially processed fats and oils are shutting down the electrical field of the cells allowing chronic and terminal diseases to take hold of our bodies.”
This is a short note for all of you who also care of your body inside and not just outside. I’m a firm believer that the beauty is first located inside of us – in body, mind and spirit – and consequently reflects outside. The ritual of celebrating our outer beauty should be the harmonious answer to honoring even our inside beauty. Eating food that is alive (= from nature and healthy grown) is one of the best ways to start taking care of our inside.
1 2 3 4 Next