Today I have an unexpected and joyous post to share with you. My blog is again richer for one award : It was nominated for the lovely Liebster award by The one and a half blog who is a nice blog about all things beauty. So, Thank you very much for the nomination! But most of all I’m very happy and grateful when my work is contributing to other people wellbeing and inspires them to create new changes. I’m doing my best to share with you my vision, inspirations and things that fulfill me (and hope even you).
Since I got this award from a beauty blogger, I want to take this opportunity to let you know some of my thoughts. First, that I’m not any kind of ultra strict “green eco fashion junkie” as it might look 🙂 I’m especially happy when I see bloggers/readers who use conventional cosmetics and who become inspired also by some natural things because they gain new knowledge, experience. Yes, on myself I use everything natural because this is my personal choice & philosophy and I tend to include it in my work too. But let me be clear: I don’t blame or exclude women who use conventional cosmetics. Once, I was there too. And as a makeup artist I still need to use some non-natural products. So my main message is that everyone is welcome here on my Green make-up blog and that this is not a place because green is trendy or anything similar. I was never a blind follower in any field just because of a trend. I feel my work as a creative force towards beauty and wellbeing for everyone (myself included), which is in my opinion also the life giving force (and not separating or blaming). I like make-up, beauty and fashion because they are “tools” that allow me to express, create and make people feel good.
Back to the lovely award 🙂 Here are the rules of Liebster award:
– You must link back the person who nominated you. (done, in first lines)
– You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you. (see my answers below)
– You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award with under 200 followers. (done below too)
– You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer. (done, the last thing below)
– You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees. (done)
My answers to the questions that I received
1. What are your favorite summer beauty products? All sorts of lotions&potions&creams that nourish the skin, liquid bronzer is a must have, tinted lip balms, nail polishes, body mists. Basically, all cream products and light shades of as-natural-as-possible makeup.
2. Facebook or Twitter? Twitter
3. What’s your biggest beauty concern? When pimples and spots come in the most inappropriate time 😀 Even though I cover them, I still don’t like them much. But now I’m lesser concerned about this issue like I was in the past, because I know that nothing comes without reason and that everything on our faces and bodies shows us what’s going on inside of us, it has a cause. These things make us understand better ourselves. So, I accept myself with pimples too 😀
4. What do you do to get rid of stress? Bach flower essences. Btw. I’m also a Bach practitioner, because I like so much this concept and so it’s not a chance that part of my “life purpose” includes also caring for people’s wellbeing. But that’s another story 🙂
5. Do you have a “guilty little pleasure” (which one)? Cannot let go coffee, even though I drink just 2 per day.
6. The person (either close to you or celebrity/famous) that inspires me the most is… Dr. Edward Bach (does not live anymore but it’s almost my guide and extremely important for me. He has left an incredible knowledge to humanity)
7. My beauty motto is… When your heart is open, you will also look beautiful! So follow your intuition, be unique, be yourself, follow YOUR bliss! Regarding outside beauty: Less is more – keep your natural beauty fresh and alive by choosing the right products and colors.
8. Shoes or clothes addiction? Shoes!
9. One (or two) pieces from your wardrobe you can’t live without is..? The first thing that came in mind is jeans (at the end they always look great)
10. Which is your favorite perfume? Right now Florascent Umami for winter and Melvita The vert for summer.
Blogs that I nominate are:
My questions for the nominees:
1. Fashion/clothes or cosmetics ?
2. Your favorite beauty product for skin?
3. What kind of base/foundation(cream, powder, liquid, tinted moisturizer,…) do you use and which brand?
4. Your favorite lip product and why?
5. What is your beauty signature?
6. Part of your face you find the most interesting?
7. Do you have a favorite make-up color – the one that inspires you the most?
8. For you beauty is…
9. What type of sensory personality are you the most (see, hear, touch, taste, and smell)?
10. Must-have products in your make-up bag…
That’s my part, now I’m really curious to know your part too (= answers) 😀
Have a nice weekend everyone!