Honeybee gardens is a green cosmetic brand from US, who is very well known especially among green beauty enthusiasts, myself included 🙂 This review is dedicated to one of their special products – the beautiful Cosmopolitan eyeshadow palette, which btw. I hope is not just a limited edition product.
On the outside this palette is made from recycled cardboard/paper and is not just very handy, but also light to carry around, if you want. Inside it has a small eyeshadow brush included. The double-sided brush handle is made from bamboo. On one part the brush has a sponge applicator to apply the eyeshadow and on the other side there is a synthetic brush appropriate for blending. I find the small brush a practical idea especially for “SOS” situations where you cannot use or don’t have other brushes, which I think is also the main purpose of this brush. If you have your own brushes however is better to use those for a perfect application.
Inside the palette there are 4 gorgeous colors that are among my favorites and they suit and describe my style of make-up. Why? Because these 4 shades are suited for a natural, elegant look. With these colors you can create many looks for different situations and not just for day, like you might think at first sight.
Let me give you some ideas how to use these palette:
– The Kashmir shade is a multi-use one, because it can be easily used also for your brows.
– You can use Kashmir shade along your lash line for a classic look that defines your eyes (especially on top of a brown pencil with a smudged line). You can also use it in the crease of the eye along with 1 or 2 other colors from the palette.
– For a formal day look use matte shades like Kashmir and PS Pink because they are matte.
– For an evening look combine Kashmir with Satin sheets for a more glamourous effect.
– For those who prefer more colors, use Kashmir with PS Pink and Angelic together for a dramatic evening look with a girly touch.
– I also like to wear every shade on its own, especially the 2 shimmery ones; they give that lovely sparkle to the eyes! You can add some definition with Kashmir brown on the lash line or in the crease of the eye, if you have big eyes.
Because of kaolin the eyeshadows don’t tend to accumulate in the crease of the eye lid. Other beneficial ingredients among minerals (that give color) are: extracts of aloe vera, cucumber and chamomile.
Description of colors in Honeybee Gardens Cosmopolitan palette
Kashmir – a medium matte chocolate brown (with a slightly chalky grey undertone)
Satin sheets – a shimmery warm gold
PS pink – a medium matte pink
Angelic – shimmery warm pink with almost glittery sparkling effect
All colors are very pigmented and easy to blend. Note that the photo of swatches is taken on warm daylight and so it has a slightly yellow tonality. The skin on my hand has no other product on, except the eyeshadows (and I have quite dry skin if I don’t wear any cream).
I’m a palette lover because the eyeshadows are pressed, something that I really like and encourage green brands to do, which is great for every woman and even more for make-up artists.
Have you tried this palette or any other product from Honeybee gardens?
Photo credit and many thanks to Boris Gorjan photographer for beautiful pictures!